Sunday, January 07, 2007


Adam running the last half K with me. Really good! We did this at the last Triathlon (Tinman) but I thought where this was a 'bigger' event we wouldn't be able to do it. However by the time I finished I think most of the officials had gone home. You can see the 'crew' (green T-shirts) packing up the barriers along the route behind me. I beat the cut-off time though and that's all that matters. They were quite a few behind me that were never going to finish under 7hrs 15. Felt sorry for them. Bad thing is that even if they finish the race they get recorded as DNF (Did Not Finish) which would p!$$ me off if I'd done all that and get given a big DNF. Looking at the results this morning there were 5 people who finished but missed the cutoff time and got no medal. Poor s@ds. There were also 29 other people who didn't finish the run. Bet lot of people got caught out by the windy bike ride and didn't leave enough in the tank for the run. I finished in 7:00:23 which is a bit annoying cos really wanted to go below 7hrs. Always next year though. I am determined to knock an hour and a bit off that time next year and go below 6hrs. Slicker transitions, bit of weight loss and increased fitness to ride faster and still be able to run off the bike should see me smash that 7:00:23 PB. It will happen :) Posted by Picasa

No comments: