Sunday, January 07, 2007


Off on my second lap of the run. I was feeling quite good at this point. I was plodding along at my normal speed and I knew I had 1hr45 to get back before the 7hr15 cut-off. No problem. I had done the first lap in 1hr10. I never realise just how hard this lap was going to be. They say at this distance its a 10K race at the end of a 100K(ish) warm up and I found out on the second lap what they mean. I wasn't in pain or tired or finding it hard to breath. it was just that my legs wouldn't do what my brain was telling them to do ... especially on the last bit around the Mount base track. Every incline felt like a mountain in itself and it was just a case of putting one foot infront of another. I promised myself that I wouldn't walk at all and i didn't but the woman in front of me was alternating walking and jogging and was going away from me. Didn't want to stop in case I couldn't get started again. Once I was off the basetrack and onto the flat along Pilot Bay I was OK. Was even better when I saw Adam running towards me. Posted by Picasa

No comments: