Sunday, September 21, 2008

Blue Lake Swim

I have been eager to swim in the Blue Lake (venue of Half Ironman swim) but I wanted to wait for it to get a bit warmer. We've had a few warm days but we're still in the middle of spring. It was Adam's idea to go to the lake today. I went along with his 'swim plan' thinking that he'd feel how cold it was and we'd be home before we knew it.

Didn't quite go to plan. Unbelievably even Jo got in the water and swam out to the platform. I took a thermometer with me (as you do) and it was 13 degrees in celcius, 55 degrees in Fahrenheit or bl@@dy cold in English!

I was OK(ish) because I had a wetsuit but the others must have been frozen.

I didn't really 'swim' much. I did a few up and downs along the shore in between mucking about with the kids and playing on the platform. Really fun day.

We were all still cold afterwards and so stopped off at a cafe for hot chocolate and coffee.

I think we'll be leaving it a few weeks before we go back. Should be warmed up by late October.

We will return!











No comments: