Monday, December 08, 2008

Bad Parents? ... Don't Answer That ...

I decided to get my training session in before I fell asleep in front of the TV (again) so straight after work I was out on the bike for a 30 min ride and a 20 min run. The wind seemed strong on the way out and it was difficult keeping the speedo above 30km/hr during the 2 minute 'race pace' bits. I thought I was going to get blown home once I turned but it was the familiar story of it being more of a cross wind than a tailwind. It was slightly easier though and I was able to get the speedo up to 34 a few times. Will need to get this kind of average on the 'flat' bits to make up for the grinding 8km/hr up the hills on race day. Gonna be fun!

Julz is keeping us updated on the wind and rain forecast for the day and latest is moderate southerlies with 20% chance of rain. I don't think it's going to be a scorcher so should be OK in the aero helmet. I don't mind a bit of rain and moderate winds sound OK. Prefer light winds but I won't push it. As long as the triathlon gods don't send us Welly type strong winds I'll be happy. Our team mates from Wellington probably won't even feel a moderate wind :)

Back to the training ... the run after the bike tonight was OK. Just took it easy and had no reaction from the calf, which was a relief. I've been popping anti-inflammatory pills and using deep heat and it seems to have paid off. Still going to take all lead up runs 'easy'. Sub6 is not going to come from any top end speed I might have (which I don't) but from a consistently paced run so I'm not stressing over losing any speed in the taper. Would love to go Sub2 for the run but if it doesn't happen I can live with that.


So I was finished with my training early, dinner was over, Jo was in the bath and the kids were going mental in one of the bedrooms. They get on really well together and play together much more than I (or Jo) can remember playing with our brothers and sisters (apart from trying to beat each other up) but there was just bedlam coming from the bedroom ... and it was only 6:30pm. Two whole hours before their bedtime.

Now in my defense, Adam has an important day tomorrow when he receives his award for a video production he did and there's going to be press there (his words) and 'famous' people (so he says) and I'm bunking off work for a few hours to go watch it so he needs to be fresh for that and Laura was up till gone 9 last night finishing her project for school and soooooo ....... I kind of put all the clocks in the house and on the computers forward by an hour ... and just asked them if they had made their lunch for the morning. I didn't mention the time but they went about their business, made their lunches, had another little fight, played a bit of Sims, got their PJs on and cleaned their teeth and were in bed by 7:30pm ... erm I mean 8:30pm. No fuss, no nothing.

I love it when a plan comes together :)

They are going to kill me if they ever get to read this :)haha ... but it is getting towards the end of term and everyone is tired in the mornings so it will do them good. All is quiet from the bedrooms so I'm presuming they have gone to sleep. I'd better change the clocks back now before I forget. I don't want to get to work too early in the morning.

No comments: